It only took me 6 days to write this first post

This blog is supposed to be about how focus makes me fabulous. The ironic thing is it has taken me 6 days to write. I actually have to LOL when I think about it. I've had this tab open in my browser for 6 days trying to complete it. Don't get me wrong, it's not because I procrastinated or because I didn't want to write it. It's simply because I am in a cycle of 3 steps forward 2 steps back. I know y'all understand that cycle. I sat down several times to complete it and something else more important came up. I have deadlines for work, family to attend too, a DBF who needs a kiss now and then. I really don't mean to neglect being fabulous, it's just sometimes other things get in the way.

I actually asked a very good friend to remind me to post this blog and I haven't heard back from her since the day I asked. That was Thursday afternoon. I bet she had as many things come up as I did. In fact, I feel very guilty for even suggesting she remind me because like me, she is a SHE. All my best plans seem to fail. The GOOD thing is, no matter how long this post ends up being, I am hitting submit on this darn blog post. At least then I can cross "Post Focus makes me Fabulous Blog" off my list.

Speaking of lists, did you know that lists can be a cause of great stress? I actually find them quite helpful when they are completed, and quite disturbing when they stare me in the face un crossed off. I'm not the type of person who enjoys seeing what I HAVE NOT completed. I know it might motivate people to see a list of 10 things that need to be done, however, for me, it only intimidates me and causes me anxiety. If it weren't for FlyLady and her loving advice I know I wouldn't be where I am today. Hmm...where am I today? Oh yes, I'm writing a blog about how focusing on the task at hand helps you be fabulous. See, even as I'm trying to focus I digress...

Basically, in a nutshell, what this blog will be is a peek into my daily life. If I can write everyday that is. A peek at how The FlyLady system (including Kelly, Leanne, Leslie, Pam, Jonathan, Tamara, and Kim) have all helped me realize that I am not alone and that my struggle truly is theirs. When you hear Marla say fluttering is flying she really means it. When Jonathan tells us there is NO Excuse, he truly lives it, and when Leanne promises meal planning will help us save money and have more time to play, SHE is right.

Listen here y'all, I am just one little example of how these people have changed my life. I don't pretend to know anything about anything except this...Focus really does make you fabulous. Routines rock, and when you finally love yourself you have the ability to give back.

I guess that's all I have to say tonight. I thank the Fly Family for all they have taught me, and especially Marla for loving me in spite of myself.

Live, love, laugh, share and pay it forward!

xoxo
Nikki

0 comments: